The Duravant family of operating companies serve the food processing, packaging and material handling segments.
Consistent Product Flow
A leading retailer reached out to FMH Conveyors to assess and recommend a solution that would maximize operation processes at their distribution center in Oklahoma City.
- The system used four to five employees on each outbound lane manually pushing boxes down the line into the trailers.
- Recirculation rates became extremely high causing the system to frequently shut down.
The installation of FMH Conveyors’ BestReach rigid roller conveyors at the distribution center resulted in several improvements including:
- A reduction in personnel per lane to one person
- A significant drop in recirculation rates
- Elimination of packages being backed up and causing system failures
- Overall these improvements enabled employees to consistently move more product out the door